Through her film, Khadija explores the fears and obstacles associated with her unplanned pregnancy, and her decision to keep the baby. Khadija is adamant about not ‘becoming a statistc’, she is enrolled in college and plans on pursuing her professional goals, as well as being a mother, with the help of her boyfriend and her family. Their reactions to the pregnancy are integrated into her film, to great effect.
MEMOIRS OF A SUPERWOMAN
- Directed By: Khadija Charles
- USA / 11 min
- Screening: Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 4:15 PM
- Screens in Shorts VI: POWGirls / Youth
- Location: Hollywood Theatre
- Sponsored By: Faerie Godmother Family Fund & Portland Community Media